Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Flight to Drake University

Finally, I found some time for me to unwind. It have been quite busy these few days. Why? Because I have finally step foot on the United States of America! Lolz. Yes, I am in Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa, USA. Haha...


Airbus A380 preparation at KLIA.

The plane ride from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Hong Kong International Airport was quite fun, especially with Kwong Hann and Ziyu beside me. I had the window seat, and it was 9.35am, so the view was great. We get to see Hong Kong, small islands with mansion on it, there's even an island with a golf course! Hong Kong Airport was pretty, what a change from the usual KLIA I have always seen. =p






My plane to Ohare, Chigago.


The plane ride from Hong Kong to Ohare, Chigago, was a torture!! =( Yes, I have another window seat. The first two hours was great, I got to see more island, more water as well, and I got to see the plane's wing extension, which was quite cool. After that was clouds, clouds, and clouds. Luckily for me, I got to change to the middle seat, which save me some trouble getting out of my seat for some streching. I feel sorry for the girl beside me though, because she had to keep on standing up to let me out. But when you seat for 14 hours and can't really sleep, I guess everyone will be quite restless as well.





Wings extension babe!



After seating for so so long, my legs are suffering now. Yes, the part slightly above my knees are pain whenever they are bend, which cause me quite some discomfort. =( My left leg's pain ease off already though. Therefore, whenever you take a long haul flight, get the aisle seat, or economy plus class, or business or first class. Lolz. Oh, United Airlines' stewardess are aunties! =\





See closer. Picture of Japan at night from the plane. My camera's exposure not so great, so that's the best I can get.


Landing in Ohare was an eye opener for me. Why? Because Ohare is huge. H. U. G. E. You can put a few KLIAs in it! We need to take the train service to get to other terminals, and there are 4 terminals! Beside Ohare International Airport was the largest Hilton hotel I have ever seen! (not that I have seen many Hilton though. =p) The hotel is huge, it's like, if you want to walk from one end of a floor to the other, it will take you about 15 to 20 minutes! And that is if you walk fast! Custom check was a little tedious, but it was quite ok.





Lightning in the skies.


Our flight from Ohare to Des Moines was delayed. Well, United Airlines' flight is always delayed, so nothing suprising I guess. The flight was quite smooth, even though it was stormy since we were reaching Ohare. Checked out our luggages and board the minibus to Drake. The customs opened one of my bag for checking, and my brand new Air Jordan socks is missing. I think I left it at home, but my brother still say he can't find it at home. So I am still wondering. Let's hope it's still at home. *fingers crossed*

Plane to Des Moines' engine. Told you it was raining.

That's about it for my flight. Since I boarded three planes, I got to see the plane's wing extension, aero flaps, and even got to see reverse thruster in motion. Wonderful. Only downside is, I am dizzy now, because I have not recover from jet lag yet. The sun is up by 6 plus in the morning, and it always wakes me up around 8am. Sigh. Tomorrow is orientation, have to wake up early as well. So, zzz time now. Adioz! =)



Nice clouds. =p

No comments: