Saturday, June 2, 2007

Property shopping

My uncle wanted to hunt for property, either a house or an apartment, yesterday. I tagged along with my mum and him and off we went in search for property. It was pretty interesting I would say. I took this particular picture because I found it hilarious.



See the space there? There's a tag in it. And it reads:


Lolz!! How is anyone supposed to place himself or herself in that small space? It's quite high up too! Hahaa...

Walk around the ladder, I am supposed to. Am I right? =p

There are other houses and apartment we saw. My uncle like properties which comes along with landscaping and guarded property. Imagine having this smack in the middle of your personal rest room!





Well, okay. That's not supposed to be in your own private rest room. It's the club house's rest room. But imagine having a pond with plants and sunlight in the middle of your rest room. You must be extremely rich, must you not?



Each apartment we saw has its own features, and each comes along with its appropriate price tag. The more you pay, the more you get.



The same applies to houses. You want to enjoy such nice scenery, with such a huge park for leisure?


Well, fork out RM600,000 and above then you've got a deal! Lolz



After spending half a day looking at quite a number of properties, I noticed something. There is a common selling point for all properties nowadays, and that is feng shui. Yes, you heard me right, it is feng shui.



For example, there is this particular project which consist of two hotel blocks and four apartment blocks. It's all built in a trapezium-shaped enclosure, with its entrance at the shorter part of the two parallel straight lines. The hotels are built at a 45 degree slant, causing a funnel-shaped entrance.

This property is known as Platinum Damansara, currently still under construction.
Guess what? That actually is for feng shui purposes. It's built like that so that it symbolizes what goes in won't come out. And what do you want to go in but not out? Money, wealth, of course! Pretty interesting thinking huh? Don't believe in this? Check out Hong Kong's harbour then. Its entrace is much bigger than its exit!



Other feng shui features includes which part your property should face, which house to buy because of the number and things like that. It really makes me wonder why buy the property if there are so many constraints. You know, financing, transport, bla bla bla, and now you add another element inside the equation of property purchasing stress which is feng shui. Does it really matter that much?





After knowing roughly what are the prices of properties here in this area, my uncle told me to be sure of how much money I can earn by working in the States (if I have the chance, that is) and how big of a property I would want to own. If you have the money, there are surely one thousand and one ways to spend it.

No comments: