Saturday, August 30, 2008

First week...

First week of classes came and gone, and it's the time again for my thoughts about this semester. Lol. I am still wondering why am I taking such a heavy load this semester. =/

First, I am taking Fin102, and the lecturer is Prof. Rozycki. After two classes with him, my impression for him is still good, and it has yet to evolve to the toughest professor everyone has been talking about. Well, I guess that will be tested again when the assignments and test starts to come. Till now, he is still a good lecturer, and he tries to make the class interesting with a couple of jokes or more.

Next, Fin150, and the lecturer is Prof. White. He is a new lecturer, and this is his first semester teaching here at Drake. With that said, there's not much history about him in Drake, except that his interview with DASS (Drake Actuarial Science Society) was conducted by the committee members of DASS, who happens to be students. I guess that's positive, since students know exactly what kind of lecturer is good for the subject. So far he still have a positive impression in my mind. =)

Acc165 is another subject I am taking, taught by Prof. Njoroge. She's from Africa, and she have an accent. Well, it is not a bad accent that I can't listen to, so it is fine with me. It seems that she have been teaching for quite some time at Drake, and I have not heard anything bad about her, so I will take it as she is a good lecturer. She teaches with PowerPoint slides and uses the textbook a lot, giving tons of homework, but I guess that's how we can learn accounting, which is through tedious practice and exercises.

I am taking Mgmt110 as well, and the lecturer is Prof. Reed. She isn't bad, and she can get quite comical at times. Cheerful and funny, and she keep stressing about how detailed this course is, which in terms translate to there's a lot of reading in this course! =( I have a hunch that this semester is extremely busy! Well, Monday is Labor day, and she have a conference on Wednesday, which means there's no Mgmt110 class for a week! =p Recharge and get ready before the work load starts coming down!

Last but not least, Acts151, taught by the funny and cute Prof. Judd. I had him last semester for Acts150, and I believe I have a little more experience dealing with him. No, don't get me wrong, he is a great lecturer, and he always tries to make his class funny, or at least his character makes the class funny. The material covered is just two chapters, which is bad, BAD! Two chapters for the whole semester (four months) does translate to this course is tough tough and tough. Since I got an extremely tough finals from him last semester, I will try my best to prepare more for finals this time around!

Well, there you go, 5 subjects, 15 credits this semester, and it seems like there's more work load as compared with last semester. I guess that's what happen when one climb up the course structure and starts taking higher level classes. It's the senior year for me this time around, and I have to balance work and study now. Fingers crossed, pray hard, and let's prepare for this semester! I want to at least get Dean's List once here at Drake, and let's make it this semester! =D

No comments: