Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sushi at Des Moines!

I am very lucky, I must admit. Lucky in the sense that I get to know all these wonderful people who took me around during the fall break. This time, I get to eat sushi, right in Des Moines, Iowa. The name of the place, Aparre Japanese Steakhouse.

I must say, the sushi are very fresh. Considered the fact that we don't actually get really fresh seafood here in Des Moines, the freshness of the sushi is amazing.


I am not a very very big fan of sushi, but I must say I like udon mee. And guess what? This restaurant actually serve great seafood udon. Amazing I should say. Feeling how tangy the mee is in my mouth couple with the tasty soup, it's a must try for everyone.


Nice wine and pretty girls, what more can you say? Umm... Don't get me wrong, she was our waitress only. =p

When it came to drinks, we ordered plum sakae. We actually had two testers before we made the order. Pear sakae is quite strong, and plum sakae taste milder and sweeter, so we went with plum sakae. Having nice sakae with lovely sushi is really an enjoyment!


The best part is when you get so many people together for a meal. We ordered a party tray, and there were so many sushi in it. That was my first time ever seeing so many sushi in a single tray. And every sushi taste great!

I must say I love oyster, and I couldn't resist the temptation to order kaki fried. Well, not fried legs, that is in bahasa malaysia. But it is fried oyster. Those succulent oyster fried to perfection, dipped with sauce and no fishy smell, it made us order another two portions! Yes, it was superb.

Then came the spider sushi. It is a soft shell crab sushi. This was also amazing.


After all the satisfying, amazingly delicious main course, we had to make room for more! Yes, dessert. We ordered mochi, as recommended by Rachel. It's ice cream wrapped with a skin to make it look like pau. Needless to say, it was amazing as well. L O V E L Y

All in all, this was one amazing dinner I have had. I must say, without regrets, that I live to eat!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

wah,all those sushi looked nice..mind to tell more abt the exact location of tht japanese restaurants ?

vagus said...

will have to check that place out.
is there a big malaysian community in des moines, then? we'll be moving there in a few months