Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ahh... Movies!

It's been a while since I write about movies I watched, so I am going to write about two movies I watched in the recent week. Be warned, spoiler ahead.

First up, Alien vs. Predator: Requim (AVPR). To say it is a totally kick*$$ show will be a lie; to say it is an ultimately lousy show will be a bluff. So, it totally depends on who watch the show. =p I didn't really like the show, but a friend of mine love it. If you are into plain fighting for no reason, this is the show for you; if not, I guess just grab the DVD and watch it at home. I mean, it is pointless to me that only one Predator come to Earth to battle a horde of reproducing ugly Alien just because the Alien infiltrated a Predator ship and crashed it to Earth. Yes, that's pretty much the story. I must say it is a 2 1/2 stars out of 5.

The next movie I watched, which was today, was Alvin and the Chipmunks. You think I watch cartoon? Well, not exactly. It's the same story about three chipmunks who can talk and sing. They happen to come into contact with humans, where the humans exploited their talents. They became rockstars under the care of money minded tycoon, but they quickly became exhausted and realized their first "owner" actually is the one who really treat them as part of the family. Well, this show let us see the up and down of life, as well as the ugly and pretty side of life, and it all ends with a happy ending. It was quite an enjoyable movie I must say, and it is definitely a family movie. Ah, ratings. I would give it a 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

Well, so much for me watching movie in New York City. Enjoyable, memorable. Oh, did I tell you watching movie in US is free sitting? First come first serve, no come no serve! =p We walked to the cinema in some freezing wind today, and had a lady who talked to the screen, even at the commercials before the movie! Lol! Nice experience I guess! Adioz...

No comments: