Saturday, December 29, 2007

NYC

New York City!! I am in New York City!! How lucky I am! =)

The first thing everyone who took the plane to NYC will experience is the cab, those yellow cab. Once you have seen that, it will create a bad impression of NYC, especially people from Des Moines. Honking and shouting and speeding is a norm for all those cabs. Slow and you get honked; traffic? Not a problem for them! They will just zig zag across the traffic as if there weren't there.

Anyway, I made it safely to my destination, Rachel's uncle's apartment. Unpack all those stuffs and then had dinner. Guess what I had for dinner? Nasi Lemak!! It is so easy to get Malaysian food here! Chinatown have every food you Malaysian will want to have after being deprieve of Malaysian food for some time! =p

We spent Christmas eve eating steamboat at a restaurant. It wasn't bad, but it could be a tad better I think. We didn't have the chance to eat dim sum during Christmas in some big @$$ restaurant which the queue spill out of their main door, so ended up having lunch during the scheduled karaoke session. Karaoke isn't my cup of tea, so I only sang a little as respect to the others. We had steamboat again in uncle's house for Christmas dinner. This time it was great! Add the home made chilli and you get some perfect steamboat dinner!

We went shopping on Boxing day, and I spent some dough on an American Eagle sweater, which is very warm. =p My dear elder brother bought me perfume as Christmas present, and my sister gave me a sweet card. She's looking for a Christmas present for me too! Gosh, I am so spoilt ain't it? But I love it and I love them! Hahaa...

We spent yesterday walking around Wall Street, took some pictures and stuff like that. Due to some complications I couldn't get a pair of shoes for my brother. Fate, that's what he said. Maybe it just wasn't meant for him, and maybe today we will get something better.

Alright, I guess that's all. Let me continue enjoying my pampered NYC trip! Adioz.

No comments: