Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Of my iPod and scare...

Well well, another long absence, how sad. I keep trying to find time for this, but I can't. Busy with studies and work, and it is becoming routine, I can't help it. I can't find any topic to rant about, can't find much time to think of what to rant, until yesterday.

Yesterday, just as I was packing up and getting ready to sleep, I noticed my iPod was low on battery. I was playing it the whole night, plus a couple of days on the bus and some time out in the hall. Hence, I decided to give it a little charge. I stuck the USB cable into it, connect it to my laptop, voila!! My iPod decided to hang on me! =S

I was shocked! My iPod never once failed me, and I have yet to receive any comments from anyone about their iPod not working! I frantically press every button available, check if I accidentaly slid the lock on, but NO!! It just showed me the same screen! I was hoping it is my computer's fault, hence I restarted my computer, tried unplugging and plugging it in several times, and it still did not work. Sad...

I looked around for my iPod case, which I still kept in the cupboard. Looked around the user manual, (when was the last time you or I did this?!) and found a life saver - the hard reset code! I tried it the first time, and it didn't work. OMG!! Tried a couple of times more, and still it didn't work! Shell shocked and down, I look at the buttons I pressed and the command.

I PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTONS!

How dumb is that?! I tried it again, this time making sure I have the right buttons, and finally the bitten apple came to life. A sense of relief came to me, my iPod is back with me again! I tested it, managed to give it a half an hour charge, and it accompanied me on my bus ride again. It did freak me out when I actually read that the warranty period is for 1 year only and I owned it for slightly more than a year now. Probably the manufacturers timed that scare, didn't they? Hmm...

No comments: