Tuesday, October 16, 2007

M & M: Part 1

There are so much to write about, so I guess breaking it up to a few post is the best.





M & M here stands for, well, not the chocolate, it's for Minneapolis, Minnesota. This sotong here actually got a chance to go to Minneapolis! And he's not even here for 2 months! How incredibly lucky he is. Therefore, this post is specially dedicated to those people who made this trip for him.


Randy and Chee Zhong

Oh, yes, this is a thank you post. So nothing much about the trip yet, except about all the people. Well, almost all.




Eva, Kay Ying, and Rachel

First, Eva. Thanks to her car that I get to go to Minneapolis. She drove us all the way from Des Moines, Iowa to Minneapolis, Minnesota. That's about 4 to 5 hours of driving. She also drove us around in Minneapolis, trying her best to keep up with a Mercedes leading the way in town. It was dangerous at some point, but a big 'thank you' must still be said to her.


Kay Ying and Randy



Next, Randy. Without him, I wouldn't be invited to the trip. It was a little last minute for me to prepare for the trip, but I truly enjoy it. I also enjoy his company and advice, and we seem to have quite a lot of similarities! He drove us back from Minneapolis to Des Moines after experiencing a little freak incident, and I must say I enjoy the eventful journey. Heck, it was raining heavily and it was at night, with poor light conditions, and sudden blinding lightning flash, ain't it eventful?




Another person to thank is Rachel, Randy's girl. She is the other camera... erm... woman, capturing the wonderful experience into ever lasting memory. This pretty girl also provided laughter throughout the trip, and some times her and Randy's antics are pretty cute.




The lovebirds. They make a good model, don't you think?

Next on the list, Kay Ying. I am not sure if I spelled her name correctly, because it is the first time I am meeting her. This girl is very funny, and she always get teased with her height and eyes. I must say it is a great pleasure having to know her, and I sure look forward to meet her again. Oh, don't get me wrong. She's taken, and I want to meet her is because meeting her may mean another trip? =p Well, even not trip, an outing for a meal is also great.





One more important person to thank is Chee Zhong. Again, this is our first meeting, and I am not sure if that is the way to spell his name. The main purpose of this trip is a farewell for him. He is leaving to India to advance his career, and I wish him all the best. I must say that he is a very extremely wonderful person. If not, why would so many people purposely come to his farewell, some even took a flight to send him off! Now that's success in life, don't you think?

Other people to thank will be Mario and Cadence, who booked the hotel for us; Kumar who drove the Mercedes leading the way around town; and a few other host which name I am not sure of.




In the end, I must say this is a very rewarding trip for me, getting to see another town, and also getting to meet so many people. A great big THANK YOU to all the people who made this trip possible for me.

No comments: